Cooktop Cove: Bake dollops of this 3-ingredient peanut butter mix for the most awesome low-carb treat
It's tough to find a cookie that tastes great, falls on the healthier side of the dessert list and doesn't take an hour to prep and cook. This three-ingredient cookie recipe is quite likely the easiest one around. Short of opening a package of cookies, you'll be hard-pressed to find a faster route to tasty peanut buttery goodness.
Check out the recipe for these low-carb cookies below, and don't forget to watch the video at the end. When you see how ridiculously easy these cookies are, the hard part's going to be not making a batch every day.
Low-carb three-ingredient peanut butter cookies
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1/2 cup erythritol (or another sweetener)
1 cup peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. If you use erythritol or stevia, you'll need to grind the sweetener in a blender for about 30 seconds to get a thinner texture.
3. In a medium bowl, combine sweetener, egg and peanut butter. Mix with a spoon until all ingredients are blended.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to measure even balls of dough onto a cookie sheet.
5. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern into each cookie ball.
6. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Remove your cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
Pro tip: The cookies will be incredibly hot when they come out of the oven, so remember to let them cool before touching them.
Copyright 2016 Cooktop Cove